Georgetown: On the occasion of the launch of Guyana’s 50th Independence Anniversary, His Excellency Brigadier David Arthur Granger, MSS, President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Guyana and Chancellor of the Orders of Guyana has been pleased to make the following appointments to the Order of Service of Guyana:
MEDAL OF SERVICE
1. For its outstanding service over the past twenty-three years in promoting harmonious race relations, community development and in association with international agencies and countrywide organizations, in advancing the educational, social and economic development of Guyana.
AFRICAN CULTURAL AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
2. In recognition of its sustained contributions in the development of the fine arts.
E.R. BURROWES SCHOOL OF ART
3. For long and dedicated service in promoting harmonious relations, support, counselling and accommodation among veterans of World Wars 1 and 2 and the Guyana Defence Force.
GUYANA VETERANS LEGION
4. For its indefatigable efforts in reviving the indigenous culture of the Makushi People of the North Rupununi by the teaching and translation as well as the publication of books in the Makushi language.
MAKUSHI RESEARCH UNIT
5. For its twenty-five years of outstanding service to Guyana in the distribution and servicing of quality products and the development of good business, customer and community relations.
MINGS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LIMITED
6. For its long and considerable contribution in the field of dance and its unwavering commitment to develop and promote this art form.
NATIONAL DANCE COMPANY
7. For outstanding service over the past twenty-five years in the fields of sports, education and community development.
ROSE HALL TOWN YOUTH AND SPORTS CLUB
8. For sustained, dedicated and outstanding service in the field of education and in community and social work.
ROADSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH SKILLS TRAINING CENTRE INC.
9. For the resource management of Wapishana traditional lands and communities in the south central Rupununi through empowerment of the indigenous peoples, poverty reduction and sustainable use of traditional lands.
SOUTH CENTRAL PEOPLES DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
10. For its considerable and meritorious contributions in the form of production and performance in the theatre arts.
THE THEATRE GUILD OF GUYANA
11. For its outstanding role in providing religious, social and educational leadership in the community.
THE CENTRAL ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH
12. For its sustained and outstanding service as a social and religious organization and its partnership with local communities in which it constructed three schools.
GUYANA ISLAMIC TRUST