Georgetown : Cabinet, during its meeting yesterday, approved several state boards, most of which fall under the Ministry of Public Security. This was today announced by Minister of State Joseph Harmon.
According to Minister Harmon, state boards were also approved for the Ministry of Public Infrastructure. The others are -:
– Guyana Power and Light Company (GPL) – Chairman – Mr. Robert Badal
– Cheddi Jagan International Airport Board (CJIA)-Chairman- Mr. Stephen Fraser
– Demerara Harbour Bridge Board –Chairman- Mr. Shabeer Hussain
– Guyana Prison Service Training Board –Chairman – Mr. Murray Greenidge
– Guyana Prison Service Agriculture Development Board –Chairman- Dr. Simpson Da Silva.
– Guyana Prison Service Recruitment Board -Chairperson – Mrs. Alona Sankar
– Guyana Prison Service Sentence Management Board –Chairperson -Dr. Melissa Ifill
– Guyana Prison Service Firearm Licencing Board -Chairpersons – Mr. Roopnarine Sukhai and includes Dr. Bhiro Harry, Ms. Kim Kyte-John and Mrs Christina Jagmohan as members.
It is anticipated that with the approval of these new boards the work of the respective agencies will be effectively implemented.